Christmas Market: Noël Au Jardin
· Date: 19th November - 27th December 2020
· Venue: Jardin anglais
In What would December in Geneva be without Christmas stalls popping up and the smell of cinnamon in the air? The city has some lovely markets dotted around the centre and a little further afield.
Framed by the Jet D’Eau, the English Garden is transformed into a Christmas Village with uncountable objects, delicacies and other wonderful discoveries to be made. The children, after taking spins on the ice of the ice rink, can be diverted by many activities of the Children's Pavilion - sure to both warm them up and delight them. For the older ones, the bars and eateries will surely warm them up!
Christmas Lights In Plan-Les-Ouates
· Date: 1st December - 4th January 2021
· Venue: Plan-les-Ouates
Sure to bring a little magic to the end of 2020, the streets of Plan-les-Oates have been decorated with gorgeous illuminations. Wander the streets and rediscover the transformed squares, buildings and walks. Go to the website https://www.plan-les-ouates.ch/actualites/illuminations-de-fin-dannee to find out the list of illuminated places.
Concert: Quatuor Lugansky
· Date: 30th January
· Venue: Salle Centrale de la Madeleine
Featuring performances of works by Gabriel Fauré, Johannes Brahms, and Robert Schumann, this classical musical showcase will surely prove spectacular.
More Sights To See
We couldn’t list them all, but here are a few more of our favourite places to visit in Winter:
· The Jet d’Eau of Geneva
· Place du Bourg-de-Four (a gorgeous square, and the famous secret passage “Degrés de poules” leading to the cathedral)
· The Tavel House (Maison Tavel)
· Geneva Saint Peter’s Cathedral and the Chapel of the Maccabees
· The Flower Clock of Geneva, in the Jardin Anglais
· Parc de La Grange (everything from a Rose Garden, to Roman ruins)
· Palais des Nations (the United Nations headquarters)
Where to stay in Geneva over winter?
If you are planning a visit to Geneva over the winter months, you’ll want to stay somewhere special. Make the trip an unforgettable one by giving yourself the luxury of staying with us here at Fraser Suites Geneva.
Our serviced accommodation provides the perfect alternative to cramped rooms you’ll find in nearby hotels. Whether you’re staying in a deluxe studio or premier studio, all of our luxury serviced studio apartments were made for guests looking to live like a local in Geneva for a few days in a suite that has its own living area and dedicated kitchen space.