Your Paris Business Travel Guide
The City of Light remains one of Europe’s premier business destinations, offering a wealth of opportunities for companies to expand their footprint and increase their trade connections. Find out more with our Paris business travel guide.
Based at Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées, you will be in the city’s central core on the right or north bank of the River Seine. The area is internationally renowned for the many fashion houses, department stores, banks, embassies, and elegant hotels, such as ours on the famous Avenue des Champs-Élysées.
Our hotel is in easy distance of La Defense, a key business centre characterised by corporate headquarters and skyscrapers. You’ll find governmental and quasi-governmental offices near the Eiffel Tower on the left or south bank of the Seine. Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées’ location makes our hotel an ideal choice for travellers who want to combine business and leisure while in the French capital.
How we aim to help you have a successful Parisian Business Trip
Fraser Suites Le Claridge Champs Elysées is your home from home for Paris business travel. Our aim goes beyond providing you with a comfortable bed after a busy day. We want your trip to be successful, and we offer various facilities to help you achieve this.
Start the day the right way by enjoying a delicious breakfast at the Café. We serve dainty pastries, freshly brewed coffee, and a variety of French and American dishes to power you through the morning. If you need to get some work done while at the hotel, you can do it at the spacious work desk in the comfort of your room, where you’ll have free Wi-Fi access. Alternatively, head to our hotel’s business centre, where you’ll find an array of services as well as high-speed Wi-Fi.
You don’t need to go far to host conferences or hold meetings, thanks to our state-of-the-art conference and meeting facilities. The light and bright space boasts a professional set-up, comfortable chairs, and tables that can be laid out according to your needs.
Our 24-hour on-site gym lets you keep up with your fitness routine at a time that suits you. Other facilities that will help make your stay in the city for France business travel more comfortable include a hotel lounge and bar area, a sun terrace and garden area, a fully equipped kitchenette in your room, and an on-site laundrette.
We’re also happy to share a few tips that will come in helpful when you’re in Paris for business:
● Dress elegantly, stylishly, and conservatively for business meetings and other events.
● Try to arrange meetings two weeks in advance to avoid scheduling issues and try to be as punctual as possible.
● Greet your French counterparts with monsieur or madame, followed by their surname, and then shake hands. Maintain eye contact during discussions, and make sure you say goodbye to each of your counterparts at the end of the event.
● Be prepared to have your proposals scrutinised at meetings. Be aware that meetings are usually held for discussion purposes, with decisions being made by the powers that be at a later time. You’re not likely to receive an immediate answer.
● While speaking French certainly is an advantage, it’s not essential. Most companies will have translators to assist with meetings. You may find it helpful to learn a few common words and phrases, such as bonjour (good day), bonsoir (good evening), and au revoir (goodbye).
● Expect to hear some small talk if you attend a breakfast meeting or a working lunch or dinner while in Paris. You may find it helpful to brush up on French culture and politics so you can contribute to the conversation.